The Executive Division supervises, manages, and supports the Division of Management and Finance, Division of Operations and Division of Programs within the Department of Children and Family Services. The Executive Division exercises supervision and control over all functions, staff, and services within DCFS and directly supervises Emergency Preparedness, Communications and Governmental Affairs, Bureau of Audit and Compliance Services and the Executive Counsel.
Programs and Services
- Communications and Governmental Affairs - Coordinates all public and media relations for the department and serves as liaison between the Department and the Governor's Press Office, lawmakers, other state agencies, federal regulatory and budgetary agencies, the public and the media.
- Bureau of Audit and Compliance Services - Independently appraises activities of DCFS. Also includes the Bureau of Civil Rights, which insures that equal access and delivery of services and equal employment opportunities exist in all activities administered by DCFS.
- Executive Counsel - Provides legal services and counsel on litigation.
- Emergency Preparedness - Provides planning and implementation for DCFS' ESF-6 Emergency Response duties.
Executive Division Directory
- DSS Report to the Commission on Streamlining Government (08.18.09)
(Click Part 2 to view DSS' report)
- E-mail the DCFS Webmaster.