Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
DCFS Child Support Enforcement Services Still Available
Noncustodial Parents, Employers Encouraged to Make Payments Electronically
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) Child Support Enforcement staff continues to work even as office lobbies are closed* to visitors and encourages non-custodial parents and employers to make payments electronically during the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
*NOTE: DCFS offices reopened to the public on Friday, May 15, 2020, with a 25% capacity restriction, including office lobbies. Clients are encouraged to continue to access services electronically or by phone whenever possible. Click here for more information about what to expect if you visit a DCFS office.
The Child Support Enforcement (CSE) staff continues to provide services via telephone and online and are available to ensure that payments are posted and distributed.
“We are concerned and understand the impact that this pandemic has on both the custodial and non-custodial parents who pay and receive support,” said DCFS Secretary Marketa Garner Walters. “Please know that we are committed to offering quality service to Louisiana families.”
In order to distribute payments timely, CSE encourages non-custodial parents and employers not currently set up for electronic fund transfers to make their payments electronically. Payments can be made online or by phone as follows:
- Expert Pay - for both employers and non-custodial parents - No convenience fee.
- Online at www.expertpay.com, a bank account
- By phone at 1-866-645-6347, using a bank account
- MoneyGram - for non-custodial parents - Convenience fee.
- Online at www.moneygram.com, using a bank account or credit card
- By phone at 1-800-926-9400, using a credit card
- Cash payments also may be made at local participating retailers like Walmart, CVS and Albertsons
- E-ChildsPay - for non-custodial parents - Convenience fee.
- Online at www.e-childspay.com, using a credit card
- By phone at 1-866-645-6348, using a credit card
While a statewide stay-at-home order went into effect Monday and will last through April 12, if residents are out shopping for essentials at retailers like Walmart, CVS and Albertsons, many of those stores also have MoneyGram locations where non-custodial parents can make child support payments using cash.
For more information about Child Support Enforcement services, or how to make a payment, visit www.dcfs.la.gov/CSE, email LAHelpU.DCFS@la.gov or call 1-888-LA-HELP-U (1-888-524-3578).